The No Plastic Shop
Updated: Nov 1, 2020
We're supporting small businesses this winter with a Virtual Christmas Market, and for those shops who we think offer something extra special we'll be asking them a little more about themselves with our new Q & A, hastily scribbled on the back of a (quite big actually) pandemic postcard.
To kick off, we're delighted to introduce, the Dartmoor-based owner of the No Plastic Shop, Bryonie Baxter.
Ten questions hastily scribbled on the back of a pandemic postcard with Bryonie Baxter
1. What has 2020 taught you so far?
That Dartmoor really is the best place to live. Social distancing is easy in 368 square miles of wilderness.
2. What is the best small business ‘oxygen mask’ piece of advice you could share?
Stay true to yourself and your vision.
3. When is the last time you laughed out loud and why?
My dog and her repeated attempts to sneak into our bed at night. They usually entail leaping clumsily onto my husband's head and hoping that he won’t notice.
4. What (& where) would be your dream meal?
A riverside picnic on Dartmoor when the sun is shining is pretty hard to beat.
5. How do you think 2020 will be remembered?
I rather hope we could all just pretend it never happened.
6. What’s the best joke you’ve ever heard?
What’s brown and sticky? A stick. (It’s the only one I can remember, I have a terrible memory for jokes).
7. If your business life story was going to be played in a film of your life, who would play you and what would the film be called?
Gwyneth Paltrow: ‘Wishful Thinking’
8. Sum up your business style in five words or less
Business can have a heart.
9. What’s the most incredible thing you’ve ever seen in your life?
A pod of dolphins swimming alongside me and my children as we bathed on a deserted beach in rural Western Australia.
10.What’s the first thing you will do when we come out of this pandemic?
Rent a big house by a beach in Cornwall and invite everyone I love to stay.
Bryonie's favourite product at the moment is the Explorer Gift Set
An explorer gift set perfect for men, women and anyone who enjoys outdoor adventuring. Buy it here
The No Plastic Shop is an online shop offering carefully selected plastic free essentials for kitchen, bathroom and home. Based on the wilds of Dartmoor and featuring local, sustainable businesses alongside well-known ethical brands, when you buy from the No Plastic Shop you can be sure that you are making a small change that will make a big difference to our planet.
If you would like a chance to be featured in our Virtual Christmas Market or want to nominate a small business who you think our members would love, then just fill out the simple form and we'll get back to you!
More shopping ideas...