Updated: May 20
Encourage children to spend time in nature by collecting items to make your own nature frame!
What you'll need:
- Our craft template - download and print it out here
- Clear sticky back plastic
- Paint, dabbers or glitter
- Flowers, grass, leaves or petals, either real or artificial (if you collect real ones from an outside space, make sure you pick them up from the ground rather than picking them off living plants!)
1. Download and print your craft template and ask a grown-up to help you cut out the different elements.
2. Decorate your frame however you choose, with paint, dabbers, glitter or glue and small pieces of coloured tissue paper.
3. Cut two pieces of sticky back plastic, one the size of the frame, the second the size of the inside section (ask a grown-up to help you!)
4. Stick the frame border down onto the larger piece of sticky back plastic. Arrange your selection of leaves and flowers however you choose in the middle of the frame, on top of the plastic.
5. Stick the smaller piece of sticky back plastic on top of the nature, sandwiching the leaves and flowers in the middle.
6. Punch a hole in the top of the frame and hang it up using some thread for everyone to enjoy!