Crafts for children: homemade playdough
Did you know that you can make playdough from everyday ingredients found in your kitchen? It's easy to keep little hands and imaginations occupied with this simple dough recipe. Have a go!
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1-2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup of salt
- ready-made or natural food colourings, such as turmeric
1. Pour water into a mixing bowl.
2. Add food colouring and stir well.
3. Add flour and salt, and mix it.
4. Next, add 1 tbsp of oil. You can add more oil later if the mix seems too dry.
5. Knead the ingredients together until a soft dough is formed. To keep your playdough fresh, wrap in cling film or store in a plastic container.
Browse our video classes for more creative ideas to try out at home