Today we're delighted to share another small business launched by mum of two Lauren Micallef, creatively entitled Beecrayative. Her business, she told us, is all about quality and the usability of the products we produce. The goal is to make children smile, have fun and bring a bit of colour into everyone’s life. Their core belief is to produce environmentally friendly products, reducing the use of plastics, and as such all their handmade products come beautifully presented in recyclable packaging.
Ten questions hastily scribbled on the back of a pandemic postcard with Lauren Micallef
1.What has 2020 taught you so far?
Not to take freedom for granted and to be very grateful.
2. What is the best small business ‘oxygen mask’ piece of advice you could share?
Know your limits and don't be afraid to ask for help.
3. When is the last time you laughed out loud and why?
When my two and a half year old told me I was boring!
4. What (& where) would be your dream meal?
Spaghetti and meatballs in Italy.
5. How do you think 2020 will be remembered?
6. What’s the best joke you’ve ever heard?
I have such a bad 'mum-brain' that i can just about remember days of the week. I can never remember jokes!
7. If your business life story was going to be played in a film of your life, who would play you and what would the film be called?
Jennifer Lawrence. The title would be Hero of Colour (my husband's suggestion!)
8. Sum up your business style in five words or less
Colourful, natural, fun, eco-friendly, playtime.
9. What’s the most incredible thing you’ve ever seen in your life?
The Serengeti, Tanzania.
10.What’s the first thing you will do when we come out of this pandemic?
Go on holiday.
Lauren's crayons are all non-toxic and handmade from beeswax, perfect for loving little hands, and all crayons come in an assortment of colours, so your artistic genius won’t get bored. Hero products include personaised letter Crayons and cute little party packs. Kids creativity just got a boost!
For more info go to BeeCrayative
If you would like a chance to be featured in our Virtual Christmas Market or want to nominate a small business who you think our members would love, then just fill out the simple form and we'll get back to you!
For more shopping ideas...